Taking a cup of hot chocolate is one of my favorite ways to start the morning when it’s cold and I need a little boost. The trick to making it keto-approved is to stick to using heavy cream rather than milk and sugar. And if you ask me, that doesn’t only make it Keto-friendly, it actually tastes better!
Also, this low-carb hot chocolate recipe requires only 4 ingredients and could be prepared in 4-5 minutes. And with only about 4.3g of net carbs per serving, it makes for a delicious sugar-free hot chocolate drink.
Here are the ingredients you need to make a delicious Keto hot chocolate for yourself:
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- Unsweetened almond milk – For this, I usually go with Almond milk.
- Sugar-free sweetener (e.g., Swerve, Splenda Zero, or Erythritol) – I love to use Splenda-Zero since it’s both healthy, keto-friendly, and not bitter. If you prefer to use other sweeteners, be sure to check our round-up of all the keto-friendly sweeteners.
- Pure vanilla (or coconut) extracts whipped cream, for serving.
Keto Hot Chocolate Recipe
Keto hot chocolate, an easy 4 ingredients sugar-free drink to start your day.
- 2 tbsp. Natural unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 tsp. keto-friendly sugar, such as Swerve or Erythritol.
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla or coconut extract whipped cream, for serving.
In a small saucepan, under medium-low heat, simmer unsweetened almond milk ( or use half heavy cream, half almond milk for an ultra creamy hot chocolate). Simmer for 1 minute or until bubbles forms on side of the saucepan.
When the milk is hot, remove from heat, whisk in cocoa powder, sugar-free sweetener. Stir properly.
Serve immediately with unsweetened whipped cream.